We are aware of the fact that even the best technology does not guarantee success in BI projects. Bearing that in mind, we attach great importance to the professionalism of our consultants, the quality of our services, and the selection of best possible methods of running the projects. As one of the first companies in Poland, we put into practice the so-called agile implementation methods, which assure that our clients obtain solutions tailored to their needs in the shortest possible time and within a lower budget.
In our implementation approach we want to be consistent with Qlik products – flexible, easy to work with and meant for everyone. We adjust the implementation style and methodology to preferences and needs of our customers, regardless of the type or scale of their business. The agile methods we deploy reduce project formalities to minimum. Thanks to such an approach we have completed hundreds of successful Qlik projects in companies with various needs and of various sizes (from several employees to international corporations).
Flexibility and simplicity in use and design make Qlik an excellent tool both for a conventional and quite formalized implementation approaches (e.g. in parallel to large ERP implementations), as well as for modern agile methods of organizing projects.
Most of the Qlik implementations are based on short implementation cycles ending with the integration and testing phase. Looking at the results, it is important to note that after each cycle the company can already profit from the implemented solution.
The idea of the simplified Qlik implementation methodology
- lot of short implementation cycles that guarantee system development together with company development,
- analysis of needs is based on the Pareto principle – 80% of needs (the most important ones) can be defined in 20% of time meant for a complete analysis of all requirements (like in the traditional approach),
- short (days to weeks) design and implementation phases,
- quicker start of the system, which helps to reach ROI faster and enables the end users to understand the system capabilities better. Also, while analyzing the needs of the next implementation cycle, this methodology helps to articulate in a more precise way needs adjusted to the current situation,
- the next implementation cycles can be conducted with less participation of the vendor or without the participation of the vendor.
Implementing Qlik and using the light and simplified methodology it is possible to abandon the complete analysis of all areas, dimensions and measures important for the organization now and in the future – a time-consuming, difficult to organize and, in fact, not very precise or effective approach. The reality of applying analytical systems shows that people’s ability to express all needs – before they get access to at least the prototype of the final system – is very limited. Besides, a positive effect of applying analyses in business motivates people to expand these analyses. The result is that the analyses outcomes become obsolete in some parts.
The Qlik implementation methodology is based on deploying necessary analyses in many short implementation cycles. It is possible thanks to special Qlik features – flexibility of the whole model, implementation speed and no restrictions of the number of measurements and dimensions. And, already in the first cycle users get a working application that can be used in production. Also, the next implementation cycles (in which new analyses are implemented) can be done without the external consulting costs.
Benefits resulting from the simplified Qlik methodology
- high effectiveness of projects (benefits vs costs),
- limited project risk,
- business benefits gained faster,
- better alignment with needs; end users more satisfied,
- much lower implementation costs and investment in analysis development in the future,
- short reacting time to changes in business needs,
- limited effort and ongoing engagement of the implementation team,